I have made this chocolate pave recipe numerous times. Mostly for holiday events. And because there is one more holiday coming up I thought I'd share a little chocolate love. Bonus!: It doesn't require baking!
12 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (64% Guayaquil suggested)
8 ½ Ounces Unsalted Butter (Plugra suggested)
8 Large Egg Yolks
4 Egg Whites
1 1/3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
4 ½ Ounces Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- · Spray a 12x4x3” Terrine mold and line with plastic wrap. Take the time to press all the air bubbles and creases out of the plastic.
- · Sift powdered sugar with the cocoa and set aside
- · Whisk cream to soft peaks and set aside in refrigerator
- · Whisk egg whites to soft peaks adding granulated sugar gradually, set aside.
- · Melt chocolate and butter in a bain marie, remove from heat and cool slightly until warm to the touch
- · Stir whisked egg yolks into the chocolate mixture until well combined
- · Stir in cocoa powder and powdered sugar until well combined
- · Fold in whipped egg whites until well combined
- · Fold in whipped cream until well combined
- · Pour into prepared terrine mold, cover with plastic and refrigerate.
The terrine can be frozen at this point. If not freezing then refrigerate for 8 hours. Unmold the terrine and dust with cocoa powder. Score with marks for cutting. You can decorate with ganache rosettes if you like.