Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sweet Basil & Tomatoes


A culinary marriage if ever there was one. A perfectly ripe tomato and a sprig of sweet, fragrant basil.
Lately, I've been making food for groups rather than the intimate Sunday dinners. It's graduation season and I'm thankful for the jobs when they come up.
This client asked for some classic bruchetta. Some people just have good taste.

This is truly one of those dishes with so few ingredients that every component better be of the best quality.
I chose some ripe, on-the-vine Campari tomatoes, local fresh basil, garlic and a splash of fruity olive oil. I know I'm always mentioning chevre. I can't hide my love for the stuff. That would be good crumbled on top or a shaved aged Pecorino cheese would add nothing but personality to the dance.
Next weekend is the solstice and summer's arrival will be official. It is difficult not to be perfectly happy right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment