Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Last Supper


I know I've mentioned my recent month-long stay in paradise. I'm still thanking paradise for the memories. I had one final Sunday dinner there before packing my suitcase again and heading out. There were just three of us there but it was perfect in every way.
Conversation was intimate and thoughtful and there was no competition for the floor.

We made a trip to Pike Place Market for some fresh, sweet and succulent scallops. I seared them and served them with a citrus beurre blanc. We opened a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and took a deep sigh of satisfaction.

We had fresh eastern Washington asparagus that had been grilled the evening before. We added that to some risotto and tossed together a salad.


Then we opened a bottle of red. A Pinot Noir I believe. Oh, the memory is fading.
As usual, there was a little too much food which meant warmed risotto for breakfast the next morning.

Things could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment