Friday, April 17, 2009

For the love of Bernie!


The sun is out and I can't stay here as long as I might like.  But I had to drop in and brag about Bernie. He's growing! Darn it! His little hind legs kept falling off of my lap. I feel like I need to keep taking pictures of the little pint so I can remember these precious puppy days.

I went to a wine tasting with Bernie's people last night. 
The featured winery was Bergevin Lane out of Walla Walla. I love their wines.
Annette Bergevin and Amber Lane are the owners and were pouring at last night's tasting.

There was, what seemed to be an arena of food to pair with the wines but this  little dish is the one I brought home to the blog.

Cioppino is just fun to eat! It's sport and food all in one. I love the back drop of linens and china juxtaposed with having to (I really don't need to be coaxed) get my fingers involved in my food. Even if daintily, I like wrangling sea shells..there's something organic and if you'll just indulge me: rule-breaking, about it. The cioppino was good, as you can see it was loaded with little critters. I was pretty sure it was begging for some red pepper flakes but it could have just been the voices in my head. They're always begging for spices.

There was some too-loud-for-a-country-club laughter coming from our table.(guess who?) Steve's cousin Gary and I 'went there'. I kept waiting for the giant cane too come hook around my neck and pull me out to the lobby for a talking to. Somehow we escaped without retribution. Imagine my surprise when my name was announced from the microphone! I was sure this was it. But I won a beautiful bottle of 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon!


And a package of golf balls! (HA!).. I gave the golf balls to Steve so he can use them when he's watching paint dry. I kept the wine. I'm saving it for a special occasion. Like the next time I decide to open a bottle of wine. What time is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment