Sunday, April 19, 2009

Be Still

Now we will count to twelve
and we will all keep still.

This one time upon the earth,
let's not speak any language,
let's stop for one second,
and not move our arms so much.

It would be a delicious moment,
without hurry, without locomotives,
all of us would be together
in a sudden uneasiness.

I'm pretty sure Pablo Neruda wasn't thinking of Sunday Dinner when he penned these words that enveloped me in comfort today.  But today WAS a day without hurry. A day for languishing, laughter and friendship. Letting my coffee turn cold as I read poetry and words of wisdom written long before I made my way to this place I love so much. 

I'm thankful every day. Really. But today, I felt a deep sense of gratitude for my life. Where I am. Who I've become. The rich, rich friendships that surround me. How much I love and am loved. These things are present every day but today, I felt the stillness around me and I basked in the richness of  just being. 



Then, I roasted a chicken....and we had Sunday dinner. Amen.




1 comment: