Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tax Day!


This is my friend Steve. He’s in his element here the night of his birthday party a little over a week ago. I like this picture because I know that for Steve, the moment that this picture was taken, he was in the eye of the storm.

He’s a Tax Accountant (It’s taking every ounce of restraint I have to keep from typing all the accountant euphemisms!)  and right now, this very moment, I bet he feels like he’s trying to find a comfortable spot to stretch out in a powered up woodchipper. This is TAX DAY!

So, my homage to my good friend: Pictures of a happier day.




Steve is a golfer. (Those who watch paint dry for sport {woops!}) Steve has a tradition on his birthday of playing golf with his buddies.  My assignment, should I accept it,  was to have food waiting when the.. Exhausted? Elated? Energized? Golfers arrived after their game. They arrived happy and hungry!








I can find no better time to seque to BERNIE. Bernie is Steve and Kathleen’s new addition. I’m Bernie’s Auntie but we bear no resemblance to each other. He is MUCH cuter than me. This is Bernie napping in Kathleen's arms before the hoopla. We could learn a lot from Bernie.



 

Well rested and full of charm, he really doesn't have to do much to gain attention from everyone. He just looks cute. It’s working for him. Plus.. and I'm not just a proud Auntie.. he really IS intelligent. I MEAN it!




After some wine, some laughs and plenty of Bernie cuddling, it was dinner time. There was cedar-plank grilled salmon, grilled vegetables and roasted fingerling potatoes. 



Truly, a great time was had by all. 




Even though this was Steve's 39th birthday (I KNOW!) he and Kathleen have been married over 30 years! For such a young man he has SO MANY accomplishments. 

Kudos to you my friend! April 16th.. we'll break some bread and drink some wine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment