Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brisket




I don't know why but I've never cooked a brisket before. I know! I've made corned beef but not a simple brisket. 
Sunday dinner fell on Friday this week. Family visiting from out of town and Sunday-dinner folks leaving for Italy on Monday brought us around to a Friday night Sunday dinner. 

There was a request for brisket so I obliged. There were 6 for dinner but I'm afraid there was enough brisket for 20. I think it earned the name roast beast. I tried to sear the meat before roasting but it was too big for the largest saute pan I had. It was draping over the side of the pan as I browned it. 

I topped the beast with sliced shallots and a few dashes of this and a glug of that and poured a beer in the pan, put it in the oven and said.. "forget about it!" 
Some 4 hours later the house smelled wonderful and dinner was ready. How easy is that? 

Calls for a celebration!



No comments:

Post a Comment