Monday, May 4, 2009

Opening Day!

I know, I know. Where have I been?
Wherever it was I went without the equipment that allows me to get my photos off of the camera and onto my computer. So what is the sense in trying to tell you about rhubarb crisp without showing it to you?



The great thing about crisps (in my opinion) is the-baking-without-hard-and-fast-rules factor. I know I've mentioned it before and I'll probably say it again. I really don't like following recipes. A crisp really doesn't require a recipe. Just instinct.  A little of this and a little of that a little lemon zest and some butter and you're on your way! 
This one had fresh-picked rhubarb, blueberries & strawberries. 

This weekend marked  Opening Day for boaters! I don't recall if there was begging involved on my part or just a little clever banter and flattery. Whatever trick I pulled out of the hat worked and Chris took a break from his busy schedule and ignored the northwest squall and took the Whisper out to strut (or sail) her stuff on Puget Sound. We experience a little of everything (except snow). The rains were not to be ignored when they showed up. At times it rained sideways. But our sailing spirits were not dampened. 





Wind is always welcome when the motors are cut and there wasn't an abundance of that either. But we managed to have a great time despite the calm waters. We saw a few Dahl Porpoises in the distance and more than a few sea lions who managed to rival Bruce's big-dog bark. 
We had lunch and prosecco and marveled at a bright cloud or two. It was an awesome day. 

A day spent with friends is never lost on me. A day spent on the boat with friends? Well, that's just a little slice of paradise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment