Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hanging with Bruce the big brown dog.


This is Bruce. Bruce the big brown dog. I'm rooming with Bruce  while his  people are off to Honduras giving eye exams and delivering eye glasses to those in need. Bruce and I shared a moment in the sun while I enjoyed a glass of dry Rose.  


I'm sorry I've been scarce. It seems I've had little time to do more than open a box of crackers or a bag of chips. Little food preparation or even thought of food as a creative outlet has crossed my mind in the last week.
That is all about to change though. There will be a Sunday dinner! Even if it's on Monday. My best friend is celebrating a birthday and there will be a girl's night to write about! 
I was told  that another of my friends was able to find some fresh garbanzo beans so those will be on the menu. I have never even seen fresh garbanzos so I'm excited! I have heard them described as "little green brains". I'm sure that description has little to do with flavor and more with aesthetics. 
I understand they are to be roasted. Don't worry, I'll take pictures and post them here. So, thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned and I hope you're enjoying the promise of summer! 

In other news: I recently made this gem of a salad. I used spring greens but the original recipe called for Arugula. Arugula would be perfect! The spring greens weren't too shabby though. 
It's just greens, watermelon and feta with a little red onion and a simple olive oil vinaigrette. Happy warm weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment